Thursday 17 November 2011

Is Ludacris Ready for War With Big Sean and Drake?


On Ludacris newly released 1.21 Gigawatts mixtape, Atlanta rapper Ludacris raised some eyebrows with his track "“Bada Boom." It seems Luda isn’t holding back and throws some shade at a few rappers who he feels dissed him in interviews. Even though there were no names mentioned on the track, it sounds like Big Sean and Drake, who both has comments about Ludacris’ flow on “My Chick Bad," are being called out.
After Luda used the line “coming down the street like a parade Macy’s,"  Drake and Big Sean accused the Southern Hospitality rapper for abusing the“Supa Dupa” flow that they both have made popula. On “Badaboom,” Luda raps: “I'm the truth in this booth and you ni**** all h***/ Counterfeit rappers say I'm stealing their flows, but I can't steal what you never made up b****/ Y'all some duplicate rap cloning ni***/I manufacture you h*** put on your makeup b****."
Back in 2010 Drake gave an interview with AllHipHop on how certain "rappers" don't know how to use "Supa Dupa" flow correctly.
"I don't want to sound cocky, but the best way it's been used was on "Forever," those lines just all individually make so sense. They're all punchlines. Then a bunch of rappers started doing it and using the most terrible references in the world. I don t want to offend somebody. I hate that rappers picked that flow up. I wish they had left that for people that know how to use it. [They go like] ‘It's a parade! Macy's!'"
While MTV asked the Finally Famous rapper his thoughts on Luda's use of the Supa Dupa flow.  He said: "Don't get it wrong I'm not trying to dis Ludacris or nothing. He's a great MC. But even though that that style that got so overused, there was a lot of people who did it great and there was a lot of people who didn't do it so great. People always ask me was you mad that people took that style from you. I'm like, ‘Nah, that went and shows me how far I can go as an artist.' I feel like I changed hip-hop. I haven't even dropped an album yet. So that goes to show me how powerful my mind is."
Do you think Luda was dissing Drizzy and Sean on Bada Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment