Thursday 11 August 2011

Barcode illest-motherfking lines watch throne (first 5 tracks)


WTT Lines 1
THE SONG: "No Church in the Wild," featuring Frank Ocean

THE NOMINEES:
1. Jay-Z: "Cocaine seats, all white like I got the whole thing bleached/Drug dealer chic, I'm wonderin' if a thug's prayers reach"
2. Kanye: "Thinkin' 'bout the girl in the all-leopard/Who was rubbin' the wood like Kiki Sheperd"
3. Jay-Z: "I'm out here ballin', I know y'all hear my sneaks/Jesus was a carpenter, Yeezy laid beats/Hova flow the Holy Ghost, get the hell up out your seats"
4. Kanye: "When we die, the money we can't keep/But we probably spend it all 'cause the pain ain't cheap"
WINNER → #1
WHY THE WINNING LINE IS HOT: Let the slick talk start early! Jay describes his all-white-everything ride to perfection and just narrowly edges out 'Ye's hilarious Kiki Sheperd punchline. Good start, fellas.




WTT Lines 2
THE SONG: "Lift Off," featuring Beyonce

THE NOMINEES:
1. Kanye: "Lift off, takin' my coat off/Showin' my tattoos, I'm such a showoff"
2. Jay-Z:"Rappers hear Watch The Throne, they gon' be pissed off/Earth is boring to 'em, shit is making my dick soft"
3. Kanye: "I'm supercharged/I'm 'bout to take this whole thing to Mars"
4. Jay-Z: "When you Earnhardt as me, eventually you hit a big wall/5, 4, 3, 2, we need fuel"
WINNER → #4
WHY THE WINNING LINE IS HOT
: Admittedly, there isn't much in terms of "hot" lyrics on this track. In fact, Jay barely contributes to it. But when he does, he leaves us with the second hottest Dale Earnhardt rap reference of all-time. Word to Cam'Ron's "Halftime."


WTT Lines 3
THE SONG: "Ni**as In Paris"
THE NOMINEES:
1. Jay-Z: "So, I ball so hard, motherfuckers wanna fine me, but first niggas gotta find me/What's 50 grand to a motherfucker like me?/Can you please remind me?"
2. Kanye: "Fuck ol' girl, she don't wanna dance/Excuse my French but I'm in France"
3. Jay-Z: "Ball so hard, I'm shocked, too/I'm supposed to be locked up, too/If you escaped what I've escaped, you'd be in Paris getting fucked up, too"
4. Kanye: "Prince William ain't do it right, if you ask me/'Cause if I was him, I would have married Kate and Ashley"
WINNER → #4
WHY THE WINNING LINE IS HOT: All four of these lines would probably make a list of the top 16 lines on the album as a whole. But because we can only pick one, we'll go with 'Ye's silly reference to Prince William and the royal wedding. We can't help but wonder whether or not a guy who's set up to take over a realthrone will find this as funny as we did.

THE SONG: "Otis," featuring Otis Redding
THE NOMINEES:
1. Jay-Z: "I invented swag/Poppin' bottles, puttin' supermodels in the cab"
2. Kanye: "Niggas talkin real reckless, stuntmen/I adopted these niggas, Phillip Drummond 'em/Now I'm 'bout to make them tuck they whole summer in"
3. Jay-Z: "Photo shoot fresh, looking like wealth/I'm 'bout to call the paparazzi on myself"
4. Kanye: "I made 'Jesus Walks,' I'm never going to hell/Couture level flow, it's never going on sale"
WINNER → #2
WHY THE WINNING LINE IS HOT: Don't lie: You know you've read at least 5,476 "I'm about to make ______ tuck his whole summer in" tweets since this song dropped in July. So, how could it not be called the hottest line on this song?

WTT Lines 5
THE SONG: "Gotta Have It"
THE NOMINEES:
1. Kanye: "LOLOLOL to white America, assassinate my character/Money matrimony, yeah, they tryin' to break the marriage up"
2. Kanye: "Sorry I'm in my pajamas, but I just got off the PJ/And last party we had, they shut down Prive"
3. Jay-Z: "I wish I could give you this feelin', I'm plankin' on a million"
4. Jay-Z: "Wassup, motherfucker, where my money at?/You gon' make me come down to your house where yo' mummy at/Mummy wrap the kids, have 'em cryin' for they mummy back"
WINNER → #3
WHY THE WINNING LINE IS HOT: We get the feeling this line won't age particularly well (hope you're ready to explaining the "planking" phenomena to your kids in 10 years!), but it is pretty amazing to know that Hov knows what planking is. Props to Yeezy, though, for making the verbal LOL somewhat acceptable for a half a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment