Friday 11 November 2011

What got Drizzy So Emotional on 'Take Care'



Drizzy Drake is a true gentleman. Last night, when his sophomore album Take Care made an early arrival to listeners’ ears, Mr. “Headlines” gracefully urged his Twitter followers to take in his album at their will. With only 8 days before its official release date, Drake took the leak as a blessing. VIBE listened to Young Money’s latest project and in the process took note of the people, places, name drops and references made on the album. Read below for a breakdown of the references on Take Care.
Song: “Over My Dead Body”
References:  “Don’t I got the shit people wanna hear again/ Don’t Michael Jordan still got his hoop earring in”
“My city love me like Mac Dre in the Bay/ The second album I’m back paving the way”
“Oh you wanna be a muthafuckin’ funny guy/Don’t make me break your Kevin Hart boy”

Song: “Shot For Me”
Reference:  “It’s a shame you ain’t keep it/ Alicia, Kateya, I know you gonna hear this I’m the man”

Song: “Headlines”  
Reference:  “Soap opera rappers all these niggas sound like All My Children”

Song: “Marvin’s Room/Buried Alive (Interlude)” 
Reference: Kendrick Lamar (Guest feature):  “Bright lights and Rihanna has a lady friend”  and “A Black Maybach, 40 pulled up, Jeep no doors, All that nigga was missin’ was Aaliyah

Song: “Underground Kings” 
Drake brings back Wayne’s hook on Baby’s “Neck of the Woods” and “Playaz Circle “Duffle Bag Boyz”
References: “Walkin like a man/Finger on the trigger got money in my pocket I'm a uptown Nigga”
“And If I don't do nothing I’m a ball/ I’m countin all day like a clock on the wall”
Memphis Tennesse know, see I start to go deep back, in Ridgecrest with my see back with Yo Gotti and E-Mack
 



Song: “We’ll Be Fine”

Reference: “Since I saw Aaliyah’s precious life go too soon/She deserve the credit for how I’m about to get it”
“Heard Nicki just bought a brand new crib/ Godamn man, She’s beauty and the beast”

Song: “Lord Knows”
Reference: “With my new bitch that’s living in Palm Springs
“But Weezy and Baby my only role models” 
“I’m a descendent of either Marley or Hendrix”

Song: “Doing It Wrong” 
Reference: Lil Wayne: (Guest Feature)Sometimes I Stevie Wonder about her” - Wayne

Song: “The Real Her” – 
Reference: Andre 3000:  "Sitting here sad as hell, listening to Adele, I feel you baby"

Song: Look What You’ve Done”
Reference: “It’s like 09 in your basement and I’m still in love with Nebbie
“And tell me I’m just like my father, my one button you push me”
“And my father living in Memphis now he can’t come this way”
Wayne called my phone/ conversation wasn’t that long”

Song: “Hell Yea Fuckin’ Right”  -  
Reference:  “All my exes live in Texas like I’m George Strait or they go to Georgia State where tuition is handled my some random nigga that live in Atlanta”


Song: “Practice” 
Drake rehashes Juvenile’s “Back That Azz Up” hook
Reference: "Girl, you looks good, won't you back that azz up/You'se a fine motherfucker, won't you back that azz up/ Call me Big Daddy when you back that azz up/ Girl, who is you playin wit? Back that azz up"

No comments:

Post a Comment