Wednesday 7 September 2011

50 Cent Explains 'Street King' Movement, Wants To Feed 1 Billion In Africa


50 Cent has been teasing his Twitter followers for months about a new initiative called #SK, or #StreetKing. Well, he finally let the cat out the bag this week, via a new video recorded while in Australia over Labor Day Weekend, in which he revealed the #SK movement's details.
In the clip, Fif explained that during his current tour run, he was moved and saddened by the hunger struggles that plague the continent of Africa ... and he wants to act. That's what's "Street King" is all about.
The G-Unit General wants to feed one billion African children.
"I grew up without money, but I didn't grow up hungry," 50 began. "It's a lot of people out there actually hungry out there in and I know it.., actually dying of hunger. And I feel like it's our responsibility to come together and do things to create a solution for this actual problem."
In an effort to feed one billion children, 50 announced a partnership with New York company Pure Growth Partners last month, to release the Street King Energy shot -- a fortified natural juice supplement that contains no caffeine or sugar. The proceeds from each sale will go towards providing one meal for a child in Africa.
"What I've seen from this actual run, when I was out in Africa was unbelievable -- the devastation and desperation of people who don't know when they'll receive their next meal, or if they're going to receive their next meal," he continues. "I want to feed a billion kids and I need your help to do it. I need you to utilize your energy, your voice, to provide additional motivation for me at times. My new project is called 'SK', that's Street Kings and y'all know the plan. I just told y'all the plan. I want to feed a billion kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment